The "Compagnia Internazionale di Teatro Circo a Vapore", was born in Paris in 1981, taking life from the international training and professional experiences of its founders and from an artistic ferment that, in the same years, creates collaborations with artists of the most important European companies such as: Royal de Luxe (Nantes), Theater Titanick (Münster - Leipzig), Dogtroep (Amsterdam), Comediants (Barcelona), Fura dels Baus (Barcelona), Theater du Soleil (Paris), Theater Complicité (London).
The Company established itself in Rome in 1982 producing and presenting numerous shows in national and international theater and festivals (France, Spain, England, Germany, Austria, Holland, Belgium, Portugal, San Marino, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, United States, South Korea, Panama, Thailand, Malaysia).
The "Scuola Internazionale di Teatro" was born in Rome in 1984, where it carries out pedagogical activity, through experimentation and study of theatrical interpretation and phisical theater, and a research activity on voice, movement and gesture and the image in the context of the live show.
The "Scuola Internazionale di Teatro" begins its research work in the field of theatrical pedagogy by creating the 1st and 2nd year of Professional Training for a two-year Actor School, sponsored by the French Embassy, and by the French Cultural Center.
The School presents its shows in the exhibitions "Roman Summer" and "Roman Carnival" and in a national and international tour (Holland and Germany).
The Acting School is sponsored by the City Hall of Rome, as a two-year Professional Acting Course.
The City of Rome grants to the "International Theater School" the premises of the "Circo Massimo" Theater Center inside the park of S. Gregorio al Celio in Rome equipped for teaching and the practice of theater workshops. The Multipurpose Cultural Center San Gregorio is born, and it is still active.
- In collaboration with the Province of Rome, the International Theater School organizes the
European Theater Festival and participates in the review of the "Roman Summer" organized by the Municipality
- In 1989 he organized the Intermuras Festival, in collaboration with the Province of Rome.
The Theater School is authorized by the Lazio Region Delibera G.R. No. 6570 pursuant to Law No. 23 of 01/10/91 to issue the Certificate of Professional Qualification of "Actor" recognized at the National level - Ref. Del. G. R. (Theater Schools / Acting Academies / Acting Schools Rome).
The "Scuola Internazionale di Teatro" manages a course of "Direction and Dramaturgy" funded by the European Community, through the ESF Fund, .
The Scuola Internazionale di Teatro organizes the "Italian Festival of Direction Theater" in collaboration with the Lazio Region.
The Scuola Internazionale di Teatro presents its works within the "Roman Summer" and the "Roman Carnival" festivals.
The Scuola Internazionale di Teatro runs a course for "Actor" financed by the European Community, through the ESF Fund.
- The "Theater, pictorial arts, visual arts" Festival is organized with the City Hall of Rome.
- The School won the 1st prize "Review of the theater schools" of Città di Castello, with the shows "L'Assurdo" and "Senza Rete".
- The Lazio Region authorizes, with Resolution G.R. No. 4607 of 09/15/98 (Del GR n ° 770/02 - Theater
Schools - Acting Academies - Acting Schools Rome), the Course of "Assistant Director", which extends the training path
from two to three cycles study courses.
- The School participates in the "Review of theater schools" in Città di Castello.
The "Scuola Internazionale di Teatro" is accredited by the European Community (Dir CE 36/05 - Rif EAC / A4 - Education / Culture Theater Academies - EU Theater School) to issue the title of Professional Qualification "Actor" and "Assistant Director" recognized at the European level.
The "Scuola Internazionale di Teatro " extends its premises through the preparation of the Casalino "Aula B" of the "Circo Massimo" Theater Center inside the S. Gregorio al Celio Park, equipped for teaching and the practice of theater.
- Following the legislation that regulates the "European Training Programs for the Actor" (Syllabi for the Actor
European Training) the "International School of Theater", establishes a new educational order from the
A.Y. 2008 - 2009.
- Starting this year and until 2012, in collaboration with the Municipality of Rome, the "Teatro Emergente" Festival and the "European Theater Review" are organized.
The "International Theater School" since 2010 is accredited by the Lazio Region pursuant to art. 968/2007 with Determina n.2818 / 2010 in the Continuing and Advanced Training macrotipology for the following teaching rooms of the Academy: Aula A Centro Circo Massimo, Aula B Centro Circo Massimo.
On 24th June 2011 n° 10 scholarships for students / actorsare financed by the Department of Youth Policies of the Province of Rome D.D. n°4936/11 according to a ranking drawn up with the merit criterion (Academy of Theater - Theater School Rome).
Following the application for accreditation at the Ministry of University and Research
(MIUR), for the purpose of issuing the Bachelor in Performing Arts, as required by Article 11 of Presidential Decree
212/2005, the International Theater School modifies its social name and its statutory norms, constituting itself in "Accademia
Internazionale di Teatro".
L'Accademia Internazionale di Teatro further extends its premises with the acquisition of the "Latina" Center with two rooms equipped for teaching, a theater hall, a dining room.
- For A.Y. 2013-2014 No. 10 Scholarships, for students / actors are financed by the Department of Labor of the Province of Rome D.D. No. 3631 according to a ranking drawn up with the merit criterion (Theater Academies - Theater School).
- Following the Det. n°B02466/2013, the Lazio Region accredits the following classrooms of the Academy: Aula A Centro Latina, Aula B Centro Latina, Aula A Centro Circo Massimo, Aula B Centro Circo Massimo.
- For the A.Y. 2014-2015 n° 10 Scholarships are funded again, assigned according to a ranking drawn up on the merit criterion (Theater Academies - Theater School).
- From March 30th to April 5th 2014 the historical Spring Festival San Gregorio al Celio, inaugurated in 1986, is held "en plain air". The initiative, in collaboration with the 1st District of the Municipality of Rome, was organized and directed by the A.I.T.
- On 2 July 2014, the ANVUR Executive Council expresses a positive opinion pursuant to Article 11 c.2 Presidential Decree 212/05 on the application for accreditation to the Ministry of University and Research (MIUR) presented by the Accademia Internazionale di Teatro.
- For the A.Y. 2015-2016 n. 10 scholarships are awarded to the most deserving students with the criterion of
- Following the Det. n°G04740/15, the Lazio Region renews the accreditation for the following classrooms of the Academy: Aula A Centro Latina, Aula B Centro Latina.
- From April 25th to May 3rd 2015 the Spring Festival San Gregorio al Celio will be held "en plein air". The initiative, directed by the A.I.T. under the patronage of the 1st District of the Municipality of Rome, it provided for a multiple spectacular offer: on evening for the adult audience, on morning for the schools of the historic center, and on weekends inside the historic parks (Villa Celimontana, Villa Pamphili, Giardino degli Aranci) overcoming 60 performances.
- From July 2014, whitin the program of international exchanges among the Professional Theater Academies, the Accademia Internazionale di Teatro joined the R.I.E.A. (Iberoamerican Network of Schools for Actors), a unit that involves Spain, Portugal, Italy, Uruguay, Chile, Brazil, Argentina and Mexico. In this interchange relationship, the A.I.T. has already took part in a masterclass in Lisbon (July 2014) and has welcomed the performances of the academies of Madrid and Lisbon during the Spring Festival S.Gregorio and has organized a masterclass for their students.
- From 25 to 28 June the Accademia Internazionale di Teatro took part has presented three original shows during the "Dionisiacas" festival organized by R.I.E.A. in the city of Madrid and held masterclasses directed to Italian, Spanish and Portuguese students. Subjects of this masterclasses were contact techniques, study of equilibrium, body percussion and applied vocality.
- The Lazio Region authorizes, with Determina n ° G07619 of 19/06, the issue of the new title of professional qualification of "Director" in the production of live, cinematic and audiovisual show. This course extends the study path offered by the Accademia Internazionale di Teatro completing the specialization of its students both in the field of acting and in that of the direction.
- On 19 April 2016, the Ministry of University and Research (MIUR), pursuant to Article 11 c.2 Presidential
Decree 212/05, authorizes the Ministerial Decree n. 251 the Accademia Internazionale di Teatro in Rome to issue the
Bachelor in Performing Arts (DADPL02).
- For the A.Y. 2016-2017 n° 5 Scholarships are financed by the Accademia Internazionale di Teatro, awarded to students with the criterion of excellence on the basis of a ranking of merit.
- From the 31st March to the 9th April 2017 the Spring Festival S. Gregorio was held. The
initiative,conducted by the A.I.T., was implemented in both Academy locations with a double program offer: from March
31st to April 4th the Festival took place at the San Gregorio al Celio headquarters proposing four "site specific"
shows designed and represented in the park; from 5th to 9th April, instead, the Festival took place in the "Latina"
headquarters where two new productions were presented. The Festival also hosted a show of the Accion Escena Academy
in Madrid, that was included in the exchange program of the R.I.E.A. network. (Iberoamerican Network of Actors'
- In A.Y. 2017-2018 the students of the A.I.T., can access the competition announcement published annually by Laziodisu for the awarding of scholarships and other competitive benefits, as well as students enrolled in public universities.
- For the A.Y. 2017-2018 N° 5 Partial Scholarships are funded by the Accademia Internazionale di Teatro, assigned to students within the 1st income bracket (ISE indicator) with the criterion of excellence following a ranking of merit.
- From April 24th to May 1st 2018 the S. Gregorio Spring Festival took place. The initiative,
directed by the A.I.T., under the patronage of the 1st Municipality of the Municipality of Rome,
was rapresented at the headquarters of San Gregorio al Celio presenting three "site specific
shows" designed and represented in the park.
- For the Theater Season 2018/2019 of Pomezia (RM) the company of Young Actors of Academy presented the show "Il lato oscuro della farsa" in April. - For A.Y. 2018-2019 the students of the AI.T. can access the competition announcement annually published by Laziodisu for the awarding of scholarships and other competitive benefits, as well as students enrolled in public universities.
- For the A.Y. 2018-2019 N.5 Partial Scholarships are funded by the Accademia Internazionale di Teatro, assigned to students within the 1st and 2nd income bracket (ISE indicator) with the criterion of excellence following a ranking of merit.
- From March 24th to 31st the exchange between the 3rd year’s students of the International Theatre
Academy and the British company “Lost In Translation Circus” took place. Together they have worked on acrobatic techniques and
new circus applied to theatrical performance.
- From April 24th to May 1st the San Greogorio Spring Festival took place. That was at the headquarters of the A.I.T in San Gregorio al Celio. The event was sponsored by the 1st City Hall of Rome and provided for an "en plain air" performance. The event included evening shows for adult, but also morning and afternoon performances within the local primary and secondary schools (such as the Ambrit International School, Santi Savarino Institute, Ottorino Respighi and I.C. Poggiali Spizzichino). In addition there were several representations within the historic parks of Rome.
- For the Theater Season 2018/2019 of Pomezia (RM) the company of Young Actors of Academy presented the show "Le visioni di Prospero, un viaggio nelle opere di Shakespeare" in April "Comic Bistrot" in June.
- From May 31st to June 2nd the interchange took place between the 3rd year of the Academy and the German company Theater Titanick with the participation of the students in the show "Alice on the Run", presented in the festival "Les Année Joué" in Tours in France.
- From 11 to 14 July, again with the British company Lost in Translation Circus, the interchange was held aimed at 2nd year students on acrobatic techniques and new circus applied to theatrical performance. - Even during the Academic Year 2018-2019 A.I.T. students, as well as students enrolled in public universities, could partecipate in the competition notice annually published by Laziodisco for the award of Scholarships and other benefits.
- An agreement is stipulated with the Teatro Eliseo, aimed at the realization of the show "Al di là del muro", a co-production of the International Academy of Theater and the Eliseo Theater which involves young actors graduated from the A.I.T. and three professional actors who will open the 2019/2020 Season of the Piccolo Teatro Eliseo.
- For the Academic Year 2019-2020, as usual, No. 5 Partial Scholarships are funded by the International Academy of Theatre. Those scolarships are awarded to students within the 1st and 2nd income brackets (ISE indicator) with the criterion of excellence following a merit ranking. (High Education - Theatre Academies - School Theatre).
The Scuola Internazionale di Teatro - Accademia di Recitazione Roma, following the Decree of the Decree 212/05 (Academies Theater - AFAM Theater Schools) for the achievement of the 1st level Academic Diploma in acting, changes its name to "Accademia Internazionale di Teatro - Scuola di Recitazione Roma ", aligning its didactic order with the regulations of the Institutes and Theater Academies recognized by the AFAM and in line with the best Theater Schools in Italy. (ACCADEMIE RECITAZIONE ITALIA / SCHOOLS THEATER UE). In the academic year. 2017/2018, the Final Examination Committee will be composed of experts in the field, from the teaching staff responsible for the Didactics of the International Theater Academy - Rome School of Recitation. (ACADEMIES OF THEATER / RECITATIONAL SCHOOLS).