The Competition Announcement for admission to the Bachelor in Performing Arts of
the Accademia Internazionale di Teatro is open to all Italian and foreign citizens, with a regular
residency permit, who have completed eighteen years of age and that meet the following requirements:
- Qualification of Secondary High School (quinquennial) or equivalent foreign Diploma translated according to current legislation.
- Perfect knowledge of the Italian language, which will be verified by the Examination Board during the Admission Test.
- Perfect state of physical / mental health adequate to the frequency of all the teachings, the laboratories and the activities foreseen by the Academy's Ordination.
- Registration and attendance to other University Courses are not allowed during the three-year course of study, therefore, in case of admission to the 1st Academic Year, the student will have to produce a regular application to freeze or renounce to other studies.
- Following the rules established for the university system (Article 11 Presidential Decree 212/05 Acting Academy - Academies of Theater AFAM), access to the International Theater Academy has no age limits. However, for admission purposes, being under the age of 28 will be considered a positive requirement.
To take part to the admission tests the Candidate must personally present, at the
Secretary’s office of the Accademia Internazionale di Teatro (via Valle delle Camene 1/b - Rome), the
"Application Form" for the "Competition Announcement A.Y. 2022/2023" starting from Wednesday
September 7th, 2022. This procedure can take place at the same time as the Aptitude Test and
The following documentation must be attached to the application:
- Qualification of Secondary High School, also in self-certification, containing the name of the
Institute, its address, the school year of achievement and the final vote. Other whise an equivalent foreign Diploma
translated according to current legislation.
- Curriculum Vitae, accompanied by curricular, professional and artistic titles, in self-certification.
- Copy of fiscal/tax code and of a valid I.D. document.
- Personal or parents income tax return or ISE (or self certificate valid until Dec. 2022)
- N.4 photographs: 2 recent card format, 1 in the foreground, 1 full-size.
- Payment of admission fee A.A. 2021/2022 of €100.
Those who have passed the admission tests must complete the enrollment procedures at the Academy, fill in the appropriate application and acceptance of the Institute Regulations, and attach:- Certified Anamnestic of good health, attesting the suitability for carrying out the academic activities.
The application form for the "A.Y. 2022/23" is issued at the Academic Secretariat of the Academy in via Valle delle Camene 1/b - Rome (Didactic Secretariat) at the same time as the Aptitude Test and Interview.
Admission requires passing the Aptitude tests and Interview, the attendance to the Preparatory Course, from 3rd to 13th of October 2021 and the presentation of Performance tests on 13th of October 2022.
• Teatro Anfitrione - Via di San Saba n ° 24 - Rome
• "Circo Massimo" teaching center - Via Valle delle Camene n ° 1 / b - Rome
• "Latina" teaching center - Via Latina n ° 232 / a - Rome
Stage 1 - Aptitude Test and Interview
Starting from September 7th Candidate must take an appointment, by phone or email, with the Didactic Secretariat between September 13th and October 5th 2022 for:
The Preparatory Course is aimed at the preparation of the Performance Tests and allows to evaluate the potential, times and learning methods of Candidates. Candidates, divided in different sections, could attend the Preparatory Course from Monday 4th to thursday 14th October 2021. The Course includes a daily commitment of 3/8 ours per day of lessons. The timetable for each section, included in the 9.00/20.00 time slot, and the venue, will be communicated to the aspiring students in the days immediately preceding the beginning of the course. Candidates will have the opportunity to confront the Teachers in different disciplines: movement, voice, acting diction and history of theater. Teachers will support the aspiring students in the preparation of the Admission Tests of 14th of October 2021. Candidates unable to attend the Preparatory Course, will have to independently prepare the Performance Tests and present themselves, on October 14th 2021, as Privates.
Candidates must present themselves at the admission tests with a valid identity document. Candidates are recommended to wear black clothing, appropriate for the tests to be taken. Candidates must know the tracks and proposed scenes by heart. The Examining Board, appointed by the Director of the Academy, establishes the methods for assigning marks for Admission. At the end of the admission tests, the result of the Notice of Competition A.Y. 2021/2022 will be posted on the Academic Register at the didactic center “Circo Massimo”. The judgment of the examining commission is unquestionable. Those who have passed the admission tests must complete the enrollment procedures to the Academy – Accademia Internazionale di Teatro – Scuola di Recitazione Roma, by Monday 18th of October 2021. Classes will start on Wednesday 20th of October 2021. In December, at the end of performance stage at theatre, students will have the opportunity to quit their study paths. It will also be possible, by the Professors’ Committee, to evaluate the opportunity to continue the studies, relative to each student, before the final enrollment.
The Academic Associative Fees will be paid in two solutions:
|1a INCOME BRACKET||
ISE from € 0 to € 16.000
|2a INCOME BRACKET||
ISE from € 16.000 to € 35.000
|3a INCOME BRACKET||
ISE from € 35.000 to € 48.000
|4a INCOME BRACKET||
ISE over € 48.000
For admission to the Accademia Internazionale di Teatro, Acting school of Rome, whose educational path is in line with the best Acting Academies in Italy and with institutions recognized by AFAM (THEATRE SCHOOLS/ACTING ACADEMIES/AFAM SCHOOL AND ACADEMIES), it is important, for students of the acting course, to have a good literary culture, read, go to theater and attend the auteur cinema; they should be able to work in a group, to compare ideas, opinions and criticism (CINEMA/THEATRE/TV). Fundamental, in theatre and show field, are the abilities to listen, flexibility in approach and creative choices, knowing how to get involved by bringing out personal talent through patient, tenacious and passionate work. The definitive admission to the Theatre School Accademia Internazionale di Teatro of Rome, takes place at the unquestionable judgment of the Faculty Council. (ACTING ACADEMIES ITALY/THEATRE SCHOOLS UE).