The aspiring students, divided into different classes, will participate at the Preparatory Course from Monday 4th to Thursday 14th October. The preparatory course is aimed at preparing the Admission Tests for the 1st year of the Three-year Course in Acting. Students will have the opportunity to confront the Teachers in different disciplines: movement, voice, acting diction and history of theater. Teachers will support the aspiring students in the preparation of the Admission Tests of 14th of October.
The lessons from 4th to 9th of October and the rehearsal
from 11th to 14th of October include a daily commitment of 3/8 hours a day,
have different time schedule for each section and are included in the following time slot:
• from 9.00 am to 8.00 pm
The specific lessons schedule for each class will be communicated to the aspiring students before the beginning of the course and may undergo variations and expansions as a result of specific educational needs.
Lessons and Admissions Tests to Accademia Internazionale di Teatro will take place
in one of the following locations:
- Teatro Anfitrione - Via San Saba, n° 24 – Rome
- "Circo Massimo" Didactic Center - Via Valle delle Camene n° 1/b – Rome
- "Latina" Didactic Center - Via Latina n° 232/a - Rome
- The texts (downloadable below) must be learned by heart by October the 4th
- No more than two absences are allowed.
- Students can be inserted in the Preparatory Course no later than October 6th 2021, in this case no absences are allowed.
- Students must comunicate any absence by telephone or e-mail
- In case of more than 10 minutes delay, student will enter the next hour.
- Remember to sign the attendance register every day at the beginning of the lessons.
- Use comfortable clothing, tied hair, anti-slip socks or rhythmic shoes.
- It is absolutely forbidden to keep mobile phones switched on during lessons.
The Performing Tests to the Academy will take place on October 14th 2021 from 11.00 am to 8.00 pm in the presence of the Examining Commission. The Examination Commission, appointed by the Director of the Academy, establishes the procedures for the assignment of votes for the admission to the 1st year of the Bachelor in Performing Arts of 1st Acting Level.
The judgment of the Examining Commission is unquestionable.
Candidates must present for Admission Tests with a valid identity document.
1) Interpretation test: dialogue by heart,
in Italian, from the following texts: “Il Calapranzi”, “Guai in Fabbrica”, “Questo
è il tuo problema” by H. Pinter, “Delirio a due” by E. Ionesco. Or
Monologue in Italian from: for man, “Monologo di Re Bérenger I”, for
women “Monologo della Regina Marguerite” from “Il Re Muore” by E. Ionesco.
2) Poetical interpretation test: Poem by heart in Italian from “Aria Viva” by P. Eluard, “Non vorrei crepare” by B. Vian, “La Peste” by A. Camus or “Ritornello per piangere” by J. Tardieu.(download)
3) Expressive dramatic movement test on musical track.
4)Vocal expressiveness test: song sung on a musical track or vocal skills.
Candidates will have to know by heart all texts and scenes proposed.
At the end of the Admission Tests, the result of the Notice of Competition A.Y. 2020/2021 will beposted on the Academic Register at the didactic center, of the Accademia di teatro, “Circo Massimo.
Candidates who have passed the admission tests must complete the enrollment procedures to the Academy by Monday October the 18th 2020Classes will start on Wednesday October the 20th 2021.
During the month of December, at the end of performance stage at theatre, students will have the opportunity to quit their study paths. It will also be possible, by the Professors’ Committee, to evaluate the opportunity to continue the studies, relative to each student, before the final enrollment.
After October 6th , the performing tests for Admissions to the Accademia Internazionale di Teatro - Scuola di Recitazione Roma for aspiring student actors, will take place with the admissions modalities for privatists (see Admissions section Privatisti. Theater Academies - Acting Academies - Schools Theater Rome). As in the best Acting Schools, the Examination Committee will be present at theater for admission tests and is nominated by the Director of the Accademia Internazionale di Teatro (Accademie di Teatro - Accademie Recitazione - Scuole Teatro). The Committee is made up of didactic managers of the Accademia Internazionale di Teatro - Scuola Teatro, teachers of the academy and experts in theater field of the International Theater Academy - Theater School.
(Accademie di Teatro - Accademie Recitazione - Scuole Teatro Roma).
After October 9th, the Admissions to the International Theater Academy - Rome School of Acting for aspiring student actors, will take place with the admissions modalities for privatists (see Admissions section Privatisti. Theater Academies - Acting Academies - Schools Theater Rome). As in the best Acting Schools, the Examination Committee is present at the theater for admission tests and is nominated by the Director of the Accademia Internazionale di Teatro (Theater Academies - Academies Acting - Theater Schools). The Committee is made up of managers, theachers, specialists in theater field of of the International Theater Academy - Theater School.(Theater Academies - Acting Academies)