Course for Director - Lazio Region
Three-weekly frequency: Tuesday and Thursday at 4pm-8pm / Saturday 10am-2pm / 3pm-7pm
The Course for "Director" offers a training that deals with the different dramaturgies starting from
an analysis of the various styles and the exercise of scenic staging, to reach a comparison with theatrical,
cinematographic, visual and digital art languages through the study of the methodologies of director's creation
and direction of the actors. The course is aimed at those who, having previous training in the field of acting and
interpretation, already have an awareness of stage languages and want to specialize professionally in the field of
direction, with the deepening of technical and artistic skills and the experimentation of directorial techniques in
the different areas of the show.
The course lasts one year, divided into three didactic cycles, and foresees a three-weekly compulsory attendance
with 9/12 lessons per week. The didactic structure is articulated by approaching the various theatrical genres:
tragedy, comedy, modern drama and avant-gardes, through text analysis, practical exercises and improvisations. At
the same time, the study of directorial methodologies (realistic, symbolic, expressionist, choreographic) and
character construction techniques is developed along with an in-depth analysis of the technical and organizational
aspects necessary for a professional application of creative skills.
The professional qualification title at the end of the study path for "EU 5th Level Director", is issued by the
Lazio Region with Del. No. 770/2002, valid throughout the national territory and, since 2005, recognized by the
FIRST CYCLE: January-March 2020
"The Tragedy and the Drama / Vision of the staging and Direction Project"
- Text analysis and character study
- Comparison between literary translations
- Read the text in production
- The imagery and the vision of space
- The Direction Project
- Scenic cuts
- Reworking of the text according to the Direction Project
SECOND CYCLE: April-June 2020
"The Comedy / Direction of the actors"
- The comic mechanism
- The construction of the characters
- The construction of the jokes
- The score: rhythm / text / gesture
- The scenic relationship
- The scenic design
THIRD CYCLE: October-December 2020
"The Avant-gardes / Contamination of languages"
- Technology at the service of poetry
- Management of the technical apparatus
- Writing for scenic paintings
- The Direction Plan
- Elements of Production and Entertainment Legislation
ADMISSION TO THE COURSE FOR DIRECTOR
Admission tests for the Director Course will be held on Friday 10 January 2020 at the "Circo Massimo" headquarters
of the International Academy of Theater.
The result will be published Monday, January 13, 2020.
Candidates who pass the admission tests can formalize their registration by January 20, 2020.
The Course for Director will begin Tuesday 21 January 2020.
Requirements and admission tests
- Italian citizenship or regular residence permit
- High school diploma
- Mastering of the Italian language
- Curriculum Vitae and certificates demonstrating training and experience in the entertainment sector
- Passing of the following admission tests:
- A written thesis up to a maximum of 5 pages containing the Direction Plan of a published work written or
translated into Italian
- General culture interview and analysis of the proposal of the Director's Plan
- Monologue, of a maximum duration of 5 minutes, taken from the same work chosen for the Direction Plan
Registration for admission tests
Registration is formalized from 2 to 18 December 2019 by completing the Application Form with an
authentic signature at the Educational Secretariat of the International Academy of Theater and handing in:
• Front / back copy of the Identity Document and the Tax Code
• N. 2 passport photos
• Curriculum Vitae and certificates demonstrating the training and experience gained in the entertainment
• Exam fee € 50
Corso Attore Accademia Internazionale di Teatro
As in the best Acting Schools in Italy, the Academy also conducts courses in
specialization or approach to acting.
The Actor Course organized by the International Theater Academy is directed by the teachers themselves of
also acting in the Academy's teaching modules
those enrolled in the Acting Course have the right to attend the students' practical exams
of the Academy of Theater. (RECITATION COURSE / THEATER SCHOOL)
courses participate in the Academy's Evenings / Show, presenting their works
conclusive at the theater. The themes of the "staging" concern the different stylistic acting forms
plays: tragedies and comedies of author, narrative theater, fragmentary recitation of the Teatro dell'Assurdo.
(CORSO TEATRO / SCUOLA RECITAZIONE / ACCADEMIA TEATRALE)