Laboratory Course “Basement of Acting”
Acting / Interpretation
Structure and participation fee
Courses take place in Classroom A and B of the "Circo Massimo" Didactic Center of the Accademia Internazionale di
Hours: from 8.15 pm / 10.15 pm
Starting date next course: Tuesday, October 8th 2019
Tuesday: acting / interpretation
Thursday: acting / interpretation
Quarterly fee € 350
Annual membership fee € 60
Program of the course
- Movement analysis and decomposition
- The neutral mask, the elements: earth, water, air, fire
- Analysis and identification of the character - study of the contra-character
- Human feelings: intention and subtext
- Narrative techniques: fairy tales, stories and legends
- Technique of mime: illusory manipulation of objects, the abstract gesture
- Poetry, monologue, soliloquy, dialogue
- Exercises on plots, licks and canvases of the commedia dell'arte and of author
- Comedy, absurd and contemporary theatre
- Rhythm and musicality
- Comedy: dysfunction, gag, comic time, relationship with the public
- Exercises on masterpieces: Molière, Shakespeare, Cechov, Jarry, Beckett, Ionesco, Brecht, De Filippo, M.Frayn,
Pirandello, Lorca etc..
Calendar of upcoming acting courses
- 1° quarter A.Y. 2019-2020: October / November / December 2019
- 2° quarter A.Y. 2019-2020: Janury / Februry / March 2020
- 3° quarter A.Y. 2019-2020: April / May / June 2020
- No specific attitudes are required and there are no age limits.
- For this course, weekends of intensive studies and rehearsals are planned in order to prepare recitals /
performarces of of the Acting Academy.
- Registrations for the first quarter (Oct-Dec 2019), are formalized starting from September 9th, 2019
at the secretariat of the Academy, as follows:
- Signature for acceptance of the theater course contract and regulation.
- Delivery of two photo cards.
- Delivery of a photocopy of a valid identity document.
- Payment of the quarterly fee + membership registration.
Corso Recitazione Base - Accademia Internazionale di Teatro
As in the best Acting Schools in Italy, the Academy also conducts specialization theatrical courses
or approach to acting. (THEATER COURSES / RECITATION COURSES / THEATER ACADEMY)
The study of acting, in the acting theater workshops, is treated as an approach to the
knowledge communication dynamics, usable also in everyday and professional life in areas
working non-theatrical. Students enrolled in the bi-weekly course of the International Academy of Theater - School of
Acting Rome, they receive a membership card "section theater / show / dance / cinema" which allows them
of receive reductions and discounts in the various theaters of the capital, within theatrical exhibitions and
cinemas, in numerous live performances of drama, theater-dance, and open-air theater
to national and international character. (CORSO TEATRO / SCUOLA RECITAZIONE / ACCADEMIA TEATRALE)